6th July, 2020
Bondi Icebergs Club and Pool are open.
Members & guests are encouraged to book the Bistro in advance due to current NSW State Government restrictions regarding capacity. We will endeavour to accommodate walk-ins wherever possible.
Please be aware your table may be required for another booking, though we’ll do our best to seat all patrons while abiding by our capacity restrictions.
Pool bookings are only required during peak times (6am-8am) and are limited to 3 swimmers per lane. Bookings during off-peak times are encouraged however walk-ins are welcome if numbers permit. Please be aware there might be a short wait.
26th June, 2020
UPDATE ON CLUB OPENING
Bondi Icebergs Club is opening on Thursday 2nd July at 12pm. From 8th July, trading days will be Wed – Sun, 12.00-8pm. It’s been a long wait and we are so excited to be able to welcome you back to your Club!
Roadworks and landscaping mean no vehicle access to Notts Ave. Please walk down from Campbell Pde or through Hunter Park & advise traffic controllers you are coming to the Club.
Under COVID -19 restrictions we have limited capacity. BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR MEMBERS & VISITORS and are for 2 hr period. Walk-ins accepted if there are available tables. MEMBERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SCAN THEIR 2020 CARDS ON ENTRY & visitors must sign in. Patrons must be seated at all times unless ordering at the Bar or using facilities.
12th June, 2020
UPDATE ON POOL OPENING
The Bondi Icebergs pools are open for booked lap swimming “Swim & Go” from 7am, 15th June.
Please note that the health and safety of our visitors and staff remains a priority during the current COVID-19 pandemic. We ask you to support our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and be vigilant in your personal hygiene and physical distancing. Please do not attend the Bondi Icebergs pool if you are unwell.
To ensure we meet the NSW State Government restrictions we will be implementing the following procedures for the operation of the pool:
– To make a booking use on our website icebergs.com.au
– Bookings can be made up to 48hrs in advance
POOL BOOKING INFORMATION
– Online bookings go live at 9am (2 days in advance)
– Customers are restricted to one ticket per transaction
– Customers are only permitted one swim booking per day
– Failure to show for booked swim without cancellation may result in future bookings being refused.
– You can book the large pool (8 lanes available) or the small pool (4 lanes available)
– One person per lane – NO EXCEPTIONS.
– No casual swim entry permitted.
– Customers must be dressed in your swimming costume ready to swim
OPENING TIMES/SESSION TIMES
– The pool opening hours will be 7am – 4.45pm every day except Thursdays (closed for cleaning)
– Session times will be run in 45 minutes blocks
– Each session will commence on the hour and swimmers will need to have exited the water at 45 minutes past the hour to allow staff to prepare for the next session
– Your 45-minute allocation includes entering and exiting the facility; i.e. you may only have 30 minutes to swim
ENTERING AND EXITING
– You must complete a health declaration
– Upon entry, all swimmers will be asked to hand in the form (downloaded) or complete this on your arrival to the pool. This information will be kept for 28 days and then deleted. It is for the purpose of contact tracing only as per NSW Public Health Order. It will not be used for any other purpose.
– You are required to wait on the marked spaces until a Bondi Icebergs staff member allows you entry.
– Contactless (card & EFTPOS) payments will be preferred.
– Swimming Members will be required to show their membership card to receive discount.
– Members with POOL Access fobs, must fob in after checking in with reception staff
– Due to NSW Government restrictions, there will be no public access to the change rooms or showers. An accessible toilet is available for use if required.
– Only swimmers are permitted entry, no spectators
– Swimmers must be 10 years and over
– No access to Swim Club rooms.
– Swimmers will be asked to practise physical distancing at all times (1.5 metres)
– Practicing good hygiene is an expectation of all customers (e.g washing your hands regularly, coughing into your elbow, limiting touching of surfaces, etc.)
– Swimmers will follow rules and directions of Bondi Icebergs staff at all times
– The SAUNA is CLOSED until further notice.
The Board and Management of the Bondi Icebergs Club thanks you for your continued support during these difficult times. We ask for your understanding and patience as we introduce new practices to ensure safety of the community, our members and staff at all times.
Board of Directors
Bondi Icebergs Club
21st May, 2020
BONDI ICEBERGS 2020 WINTER SWIMMING SEASON
Due to the current NSW COVID-19 restrictions we will not be commencing the Winter Swimming season in the month of June and we will be guided by government regulations for the remainder of the season. Whether the season is able to begin or not, there will unfortunately be no new Inductions Days for 2020.
In regards to Swimming Members in their 5 years and 75 swims journey, no decisions have been made and won’t be until we see where government restrictions head for the remainder of the Icebergs season.
Swimming Club Members, thank you for staying financial and paying your annual fees ($20.40), your valued support is great appreciated by our great Club. I look forward to the time we can see each other down on the pool deck.
For those current Swimming Club Members who have not paid your fees, you can still do so online until 31st May 2020, or email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can assist and take payment from you. It is very important that if you wish to remain a Bondi Iceberg, you must stay financial, or the 15B rule will apply and you will have to start your 5 year and 75 swims all over again.
Thanks again for supporting our iconic Winter Swimming Club and we hope to see you in the not too distant future.
Stay safe and remember, cold water is all we need!
23rd March, 2020
Following Government recommendations, our Clubhouse and pool facilities are now closed until further notice. Please continue to check in regularly on our website and social media for any changes.
We wish to advise swimming members that we will be in touch with further updates regarding the swim season soon.
We encourage ALL MEMBERS who have not yet done so to renew their membership via the online portal.
We can’t wait to re-open our doors, and wish all our members and extended community all the best during these testing times.
#closedfornow #flattenthecurve #seeyousoon
21st March, 2020
Bondi Beach might be closed but we’re open and trading safely under the advised guidelines. The Club will open from 11am daily, and the pool is open at normal times. Please note the sauna is closed until further notice.
We are all in this together, and we thank you in advance for working with us to ensure social distancing can be practised safely and respectfully for the 100 people allowed in the Club at any one time.
20th March, 2020
We assure patrons that further measures announced today by Scott Morrison will be easily and safely implemented in all areas of Bondi Icebergs Club.
The directive now requires venues to allow 4 square metres per person throughout our venue, meaning that we can safely welcome 100 people at any given time in the Clubhouse area. Should the Club reach capacity, we will give members priority entrance.
Breaching this directive would result in heavy fines being imposed upon the Club.
We thank you in advance for continuing to support local business, and look forward to welcoming you at Bondi Icebergs Club.
We also wish to advise that the pool is open and trading as usual.
19th March, 2020
Yesterday, the Prime Minister announced Australia-wide restrictions on non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people.
There are specific guidelines around the definition of a “space”, and we can now confirm that we can legally and comfortably seat 172 members and guests.
This is comprised of:
- Up to 100 people (including staff) in the Unsinkable Bar
- Up to 100 people (including staff) in the Sundeck Bar and Deep End (TAB area)
As such, our general operation will proceed as usual, and we are ensuring that “social distancing” can be observed with ease. We are pleased to be able to continue to provide a safe and relaxing experience for our patrons.
18th March, 2020
Click below to view a special announcement from Swim Captain Ben Morrissey regarding the 91st Bondi Icebergs Winter Swimming Club Season
17th March, 2020
It’s important that we keep you updated on all your Club is doing to ensure the safety of our members and staff during the recent outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Currently our bars, bistro and pool are trading as normal. In response to the outbreak we have initiated the following measures:
- Increased staff hygiene protocols
- Increased the frequency of cleaning tables and chairs with hospital grade disinfectant
- Introduced hand sanitising stations for both customers and staff
- Placing of cutlery into cardboard sleeves by staff wearing gloves
- Adopted intensified procedures for staff feeling unwell
- Increased cleaning and sanitisation of the pool deck, changerooms and reception areas
Importantly, a staff meeting was held on Monday 16th March to address all of the above directly with our team.
The café and gym on the pool deck have also increased their cleaning regimes. Specifically, the gym has communicated with its members:
- The importance of good hygiene practices in the gym
- Implementation of extra cleaning sessions, and re-education of staff on cleaning and documentation of daily cleaning tasks
- Provision of hand sanitiser and gym wipes for members and staff
- They have pre-booked professional cleaning services in conjunction with Moran Health Group should the business be exposed to the virus.
In a statement made by Clubs NSW to the media yesterday, it was noted that:
“NSW clubs remain open for business, and the public can be assured that their local club is a safe and hygienic environment, with no detected cases of COVID-19 to date at 1200 venues across the state.
The Prime Minister and Chief Medical Officer (CMO) were clear in their advice that while non-essential mass gatherings such as sporting events and concerts will have to be reviewed, people should go about their everyday lives.
Day-to-day club operations will be unaffected, and venues have already taken proactive steps to ensure that your local club is a safe place to enjoy a meal and a drink.
The CMO has confirmed that the infection rates, and risk to the community, of COVID-19 remain very low.”
For our Winter swimmers, we will communicate further to you in coming days with respect to the swim season.
In the meantime we hope that you will continue to stay safe, and to feel welcome to enjoy your Club facilities now and into the future. As you know, this is a fast-moving process and the Club will continue to review its position based on all Government recommendations. For future correspondence and updates please be sure to check the Club’s website which is where we intend to post all updates.
Bondi Icebergs Club • BOARD OF DIRECTORS