Social Memberships Due Now!
Social Memberships are available for $55 to anyone over 18 years of age, with a special price of $25 for our locals living in the 2022, 2024 or 2026 postcode:
Application forms are available to download. Simply download the form, print it and fill it in, then bring the form into the club (with photo ID) & pay the membership fee.
Download Social Membership Application Here
Swimming Membership is open from April until May each year. Prospective swimming members must be proposed by a current, long service swimming member, and seconded by another current, long service swimming member.
There are also several requirements and responsibilities associated with becoming an Icebergs Swimming Member:
- Prospective Swimming Members must attend an induction day where they must complete a 50m timed swim and take a pledge.
- Swimmers must complete a minimum of 3 out of 4 Sunday swims for a period of 5 years during the Winter Swimming Season (May - September each year)
- If a swimming member fails to swim on at least 3 Sundays within a calendar month, they must provide a written letter of explanation. This is known as 'The Historic 15B Rule'.
For more information on swimming membership, see 'Becoming an Iceberg' under the Swimming section.
Attention Members re: Upcoming AGM and Supplementary Notice
Since moving to a triennial (three year) term of office for directors after the changes to the constitution at the last AGM, the Swim Captain position, like all executive positions:
· requires that person to be first elected by ballot in the lead up to the AGM;
· requires that person to be elected into the Swim Captain position at the actual AGM; and
· is filled for three years unless he or she retires early.
It has come to the attention of the Board that the above process, in so far as it applies to the rather unique position of Swim Captain, has caused some concerns to members which all basically relate to ensuring that the best person for the Swim Captain is elected into that position. A special resolution has been proposed by the Board to remove the triennial term for the position of Captain, reinstating the original one year term and voting process for this position only – proposed Special Resolution to be read in conjunction with the Constitution of Bondi Icebergs Club Limited. Other AGM agenda and notices can be found at icebergs.com.au/bondi-icebergs-club/
Other than being able to call yourself a 'berg', there are also great benefits for social members:
- Weekly Badge Draw
- Member's discounts at the bar
- Points to redeem at the bistro
- Sign in up to 6 guests who live in the area and who aren't members
Mon - Fri: 11am - Late
Sat & Sun: 9am - Late
Public Hols: 12pm - 10pm
Mon - Fri: 6.00am - 6.30pm
Sat & Sun: 6.30am - 6.30pm
Sauna Closes 6.20PM
Bondi Beach NSW 2026 firstname.lastname@example.org (02) 9130 3120